Members: Lourdes, Pique, Julian, Juande and other IAA members
Start the design of the part a) of the use case (meetings with users). Implement some workflows, and complete the unfinished tasks of the SPRINT 6.
- Meetings with expert users about the design of use case part a)
- Re-design workflows of the part b) of the use case
- Test ELLIPSE from TAVERNA
- Implement sextractor parameter compiler workflow
- Implement Generate Application Configuration File workflow
- Add new artifacts to astrotaverna
- Meeting with Pepe Sabater about the part a) of use case. Use casjobs database query tool to extract a preliminary group of target galaxies and companions. Use a set of python scripts to apply the isolated criteria to this group.
- First version of two of the workflows implemented in Taverna. The new workflows have provide new requirements for the astrotaverna plugin, so new artifacts for astrotaverna plugin have been developed.
- In the week between sprints we will finish the version 2 of the design of the workflows and we will test ELLIPSE in TAVERNA
- Make a design of the workflow ( just the part b) of the use case )
- Search the suitable Virtual Observatory services ( includes inspecting what parts of NED database have VO services).
- Start a contact with the widely used NED database http://ned.ipac.caltech.edu/ to explore to make it completely VO compliant. ( NED has published several VO services, checking this services)
- Test the different tools (GALFIT, ELLIPSE, scripts python, SEXTRACTOR) from Taverna. ( ELLIPSE is executed from IRAF. We can use PyRAF, a python API to run IRAF, in order to run ELLIPSE from TAVERNA, but this is must be tested)
- Reproduce sextractor part in order to perfectly understand the config files to build, how to retrieve and pack results.
- https://jira.man.poznan.pl/jira/browse/WFE-573Reproduce galfit part in order to perfectly understand the config files to build, how to retrieve and pack results.
- https://jira.man.poznan.pl/jira/browse/WFE-574Have a look at PSF building for potential automation.
As a result of the showcase, an astronomer has described the experiment so that we could analyse the problem in more detail in order to make the abstract workflow.
This experiments are characterized for the usage of local tools and human interaction during the process.
Some parts of the experiments use licenced software, but these tasks can be done in other non-licenced software.
A dependency analysis pictures is done in order to be able to restructure the experiment.
NED is not fully vo-compliant but it provides services whose results are votables.
It consists of the following parts:
- Preprocessing of images and retrieving information.
- Create sextractor configuration files.
- Build catalogue from sextractor.
- Create galfit configuration files.
- Obtain exponential extinction and model from galfit (1st iteration).
- Create ellipse configuration files.
- Obtain exponential extinction from ellipse.
- Compare results between galfit and ellipse.
The following schema shows dependencies between processes and files. These dependencies correspond to the current scientific procedure but it does not represent the experiment life cycle (results assessment, iterations, decisions, ..) or whether a file or a process require human actions.